Fiona displays a passion to help young mothers integrate back into the work environment where they can take control of their own lives and futures (sometimes for the first time) as independent adults. By working holistically with individuals Fiona has consistently met targets for outcomes on training and movement into work. It can not be ignored that Fiona and the YMSN team are equipping mothers to act as role models for the next generation with all that implies for society.
-Alan Palmer, Manager DWP
- We helped amplify the views of young mums by running a focus group for the Head of Patient Voice at the NHS. We were able to supply value information from mums with children under five about their experiences of using primary care services.
- YMSN partnered with TFL on the Ready Stead Work program. Members of their HR department ran a fantastic workshop with our mums.
- We are developing a pathway into employment with the British Transport Museum for mums who are interested in a career in that sector.
- For our unemployed mums we are about to develop a work experience scheme with Lloyds Bank. Mums will have the opportunity to be placed in their local branch in a customer advisor role.
- We have delivered our second Ladies Lunch Project in Lambeth. We worked with a group of hard to reach mums and helped them learn and develop new skills in food hygiene, healthy eating and cooking fresh food on a low income.
- We completed our first Ready Steady Work program in Lambeth, in partnership with Metropolitan Housing Association. We helped two of our mums secured work through the programme.
- Through our programs we have built local and national brand recognition and added value and quality to the local community.
- We partnered with NHS England, being involved in the Transformation through Primary Care Services’ scheme.